CD burning issues

Merrill Jr. Butterman feather_n_cap at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 17 05:47:58 UTC 2004

Hi everybody and hope this message finds everybody
well and in good spirits. I have a question in the CD
department, I have a DVD-ROM drive that is not being
seen by my burning program gnometoaster. I also had
discovered that the drive in question as "hdb". I
submitted this question before with no response but I
believe it is due to the fact I didn't give it a
subject. I am concerned that since I sent this message
entitled "re:hand holding" my reqests for help have
remained unanswered. Understand that this message is
only my opinion and in no way invalidates what other
people believe. If I have offended anyone in this
process I do appologize for doing so. I am considering
using K3B as my new burning program, I read these list
carefully and find alot info about it. I don't think
the problem with the drive will not be solved with a
package change, I suspect a configuration change is
needed. could anybody either explain the process of
correcting this or refer me to someone who could help
me. As always, I thank all of you for the list and
your help. Without this list and it's members, it
would be so much harder to make the switch to linux
from windows. Please be aware that I don't use list
like this at all so I'm new to it and therefore I will
make mistakes from time to time as I learn the ropes.

=====
Merrill A. Butterman Jr.
a.k.a  Loopy Chickensniffer