Using java in FC1(with eclipse)-help needed

Michael Kearey mutk at iprimus.com.au
Wed Mar 17 07:30:16 UTC 2004

Kaustubh Ghosh wrote:
<snip>

> I have a java interpreter installed.
>

>>Remove, using rpm (if you installed that way) the olders java machines.
>

> java -version gives:
> java version "1.3.1"
> jdkgcj 0.2.3 (http://www.arklinux.org/projects/jdkgcj)
> gcj (GCC) 3.3.2 20031022 (Red Hat Linux 3.3.2-1)
> Seems to be a part of gcc.How can I remove it?

No it is not part of gcc. jdfgcj is from some strange 'not intended
for Fedora' package, from Ark Linux. The parts of gcc (gcj etc) used
in the jdkgcj package originate from GNU GCC.

Try
'rpm -qf `which java`'

That will tell you where the 'java' executable came from - so long as
it was installed using the RPM. Use the name of the RPM package
returned by the above command to remove it ' rpm -e thename' .

 > How can I do so?Please give  your advice considering me a
 > novice.Thanks.

I think as a novice you should pay more attention to what you are
installing. Don't you recall installing a package from Ark Linux ??

Cheers,
Michael