Using 2 distributions;Deleting windows partition-help required

Kaustubh Ghosh meetkaustubhghosh at vsnl.net
Wed Mar 17 13:17:03 UTC 2004

I have FC1 in an 6GB partition.Rest in 31GB I have windows 98 and XP.(XP not
working for now,got corrupted).Under windows I have C:(7GB) ,D:(12GB) and
E:(12GB).
I want to delete this E: and allocate it to Linux.(I have partition magic 8,if
it is required)Hoe can I do so?
I also want to install another Linux distribution(PCQLinux which is FC1 with
some advancements,and installs the 2.4.22...nptl kernel and also 2.6.2.,FC2
actually as its distributers claim, if it had been released)
For FC1 I have the default kernel as also 2.6.4(can log on to text mode mode
only in the latter case).
Is it possible to have both in the same hard disk?Or I require another one?

I will have to install another distribution as I cannot run a number of
applications in FC1 and also I cannot reinstall it  as then I will have to
part with a huge number of installed applications in it.

If I install windows XP and PCQLinux(which is nothing more than FC2 if it was
available) in another hard disk,can anyone furnish me with the details:
1.Can both the hard disks be used at the same time,of course booting at one of
them only.
2.If 1 is possible can I access files under windows in one hard disk from
other.(both from windows and Linux both).

Thanks in advance.