Sendmail / Email copy

admin at kclinux.net admin at kclinux.net
Wed Mar 17 19:27:54 UTC 2004

I have a customer that we setup a FC1 server up in a production environment.
This entire server's job is an internet gateway, print server, DHCP server,
DNS, and email.

The customer has an emergency@ email address on this server, which works
fine with POP and IMAP.  But now we wants the email to go to the POP/IMAP
account, and also the emails to be sent to Sprint PCS phones and a on-call
pager.

I set up an sendmail alias emergency@ which points to the Sprint PCS phones
and the pager, but it just goes into the email box on the server, and
doesn't get copied to the phones or pager.

Am I assuming this is the correct way?  The emails do get sent to the local
account "emergency" but it seems to not use the alias at all.