Using yum to upgrade FC1 -> FC2T1

Ben Davis jamin.davis at mail.ee
Wed Mar 17 20:38:49 UTC 2004

No flames for being in the wrong list, I *am* subscribed to fedora-test
now, but this pertains to FC1. I'm running FC1, rigged with a homebrew
2.6.2 kernel including the Reiser4 patch and I guess I should upgrade
everything else (I call this fun). Since I'm running a customized
kernel, and the stock FC2T1 kernel will definitely *not* support Reiser4
I doubt downloading the ISOs and running an Anaconda type upgrade will
work. Rather I was thinking of Yum for the job, but haven't really got a
clue how to acomplish this.. is it *possible*? I know I can tell Yum not
to bother upgrading/updating kernel packages etc.. but how do I tell it
I want to upgrade to what is (essentially) a new distro?

Groetjes....j
--

|w: http://ghost.merseine.nu                                        |