XFce and Switchdesk Tool

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Thu Mar 18 06:04:29 UTC 2004

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Aly Dharshi wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> 	I am using XFce and Fedora keeps telling me to use switchdesk to  make
> this desktop my default, and I would like to. But when I run switchdesk
> I see Gnome, KDE and Tw.. but not XFce.
>
> 	In /etc/sysconfig/desktop I have:
>
> 	DESKTOP="GNOME"
>
> 	If I were to change this to xfce then would that do the trick ? Or is
> there a better way to add it to switchdesk and use this utility to do
> the trick.

I guess you can run switchdesk (or switchdesk-gnome) once. It creates
a file ~/.Xclients-default . Just edit this file - and change the
windowmanger invoked in this script.

Satish

--------
% cat ~/.Xclients-default
# Created by Red Hat Desktop Switcher
export LANG=en_US
export LC=C
export LC_ALL=C
exec ssh-agent /bin/bash --login -c 'ssh-add < /dev/null ; exec fluxbox'
%