Network driver floppy

David Liguori liguorid at albany.edu
Fri Mar 19 02:21:03 UTC 2004

I at first tried installing FC1 from a separate box nfs-exporting the
mounted ISO's.  I've successfully done network installs of other
distros.  Unfortunately, I couldn't make a readable floppy of
drvnet.img, using either rawrite or dd, using 3 different dos and/or
Linux machines.  I tried re-downloading the file from different
mirrors.  Then I tried the file from my RH9 CD's.  The result was always
the same: unreadable disk.

Due to bios issues I am unable to boot from CD, even though my system
supposedly supports it.  It occurs to me the drvnet.img file has always
been bad and I am the only person on the planet who has tried to use
it.  Has anyone had success with it?  (I ended up burning the ISO's and
installing from CD, but I'd like to try a net install next go-round).

--
David Liguori <liguorid at albany.edu>