Re: yum.conf for all

Am So, den 21.03.2004 schrieb S. Gongola um 16:19:
> On Sat March 20 2004 08:25 am, Zach Wilkinson wrote:
> > I run "yum clean oldheaders" periodically...
> Is there a similar problem with apt. I can't find any header files with apt.

Apt does not use hdr files, it looks for a folder called base with files
named pkglist, release and srclist inside. These files are (bzipped)
text files with the whole list of files in the repository.

apt-get update
updates the pkgchache.bin and srcpkgcache.bin in /var/capche/apt. To
clean up the cache use

apt-get autoclean - Erase old downloaded archive files
or
apt-get clean - Erase downloaded archive files

Christoph