My questions still unanswered

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Mar 22 16:50:20 UTC 2004

Am Sa, den 20.03.2004 schrieb Scott Talbot um 04:35:
> On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 11:50, Chris Botha wrote:
> > My directories in the homes sections gives me trouble!
> > When I greate a folder (right click, new, folder) it is not visable until I
> > refresh the screen,
> > this is on a workstation. I would like to know how I can prevent this.
> > The thing is users will think that their folders are not created and
> > will create a heap of them, Next time that they log in
> > their folder will be flooded with folders.
> >
> 	What window manager do you use?  I am using Gnome and do not have your
> problem.
>
> Scott

I think Chris is talking about Samba shares where the directory listing
on Windows[tm] clients do not refresh automatically.

But choosing such a topic is certainly a cause for misunderstanding.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 17:48:08 up 3 days, 2:30, load average: 0.50, 0.29, 0.25
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]