Slammer

George Yanos george at yanos.com
Mon Mar 22 17:04:08 UTC 2004

I don't think Slammers will stick.  There are too many negative words
that describe the behavior for any one to win.  People who don't want
to help don't have too, of course.  People who yell that they don't
want to help have something else on their minds as well.

    jludwig> I've used Linux for several years and find some arrogant A's out there
    jludwig> too.

    jludwig> I learned to use it by reading HowTo's, other peoples notes, man pages,
    jludwig> tutorials and the like. Someone took the time to write these.

    jludwig> Linux has always worked as a community where they help each other.
    jludwig> Unfortunately all communities have fringes I'm sorry to say.

    jludwig> Those who say that they learned it on their own;
    jludwig>  1) They read a man page - which someone wrote
    jludwig>  2) They read a HowTo     - which someone wrote
    jludwig>  3) They write the programs  - which someone wrote

    jludwig> Then what is this go learn it yourself?
    jludwig> --
    jludwig> jludwig <wralphie at comcast.net>
* George Yanos     *                                                *
* UTC at UIC       *                                                *
* 312-413-0059(w)  *                                                *
* 708-848-4221(h)  *                                                *
* gyanos at uic.edu   *                                                *