YaST question?

Ben Steeves bcs at metacon.ca
Tue Mar 23 12:48:57 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 06:31, Aaron wrote:
> Yast is SuSe's gui configuration utility.
> I is quite extensive, but as with most gui's you have two choices either
> gui or not but you can't combine them, which means if the gui
> configuration for X lets say doesn't work and you must edit XF86 by hand
> forget using the gui.

Sun's new Sun Java Desktop System uses YaST for configuration, and I
nearly tore my hair out trying to get my wireless card working with it.
I never really succeeded, either, and have since removed it.  When our
Novell boys get back from Brainshare next week, I'll probably be trying
out SuSE 9, too.  If it's using a newer version of YaST, maybe it will
be better...

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves at unb.ca
http://www.metacon.ca/ascii    / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves