Keyboard setup is peeing me off

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Tue Mar 23 20:42:04 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 22:03, David Fletcher wrote:

> However, this is getting a bit off topic for the Fedora list.
Well since I am the original poster of this thread let me conclude it.

In RH9 winxplease and debian? the buttons work correctly as they should,
by pressing the key once!
for quotations marks - tilde and inverted comma to display correctly I
must press the relative key and then spacebar for them to display
correctly.
eg: (tilde) ~  (Quotation marks) "  (inverted comma) '
If I press the key nothing, If I press the key twice on quotations and
inverted comma then this eg: (Quotation Mark) ¨ (inverted comma) ´
Now I have tried various drivers and I think it actually has to do with
the character coding, So I played with a few and got things even more
messed up.
So now the question is if you have a keyboard that works on a single
press of these keys could you tell which character coding you are using.
Thanks for all the responses I got.

--
Chadley - Linux Rocks
Welcome to my world.