How to test a video card/XFree86

david walcroft david_walcroft at yahoo.com.au
Wed Mar 24 04:24:13 UTC 2004

Could somebody give me a clue as to how I can find out where a
problem is happening.Some apps,Kde terminal - mozilla-1.6 -
Firefox - thunderbird,including rebooting changing terminals
(^altF2) all GUI's have a yellow colour and stripes non-GUI have
vertical stripes a couple of miilimetre's apart,there is an
irregular raising/lowering of colour intensity.

Strangely the desktop jpg isn't affected.
Started up gmplayer, error 'no video-out' ran xvinfo 'no adapters
present' where previously it ran wmv's with no worries.

Maybe I answered my own question but if I buy a new card and ....
well,ask first then decide.

I don't have access to a second graphics card.

   Thanks for any help       david