Software RAID setup at install...

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Wed Mar 24 20:03:28 UTC 2004

Christopher K. Johnson wrote:

> jludwig wrote:

> >Holler if I'm wrong, but;
> >Software raid is not a hardware raid. This means the kernel amd the
> >proper module(s) must load to access the raid drive. Therefore a
> >software raid cannot be /boot or / since these must be available at boot.
> >Now it may be possible to have GRUB load the modules but the kernel must
> >still be available.

> Sorry, you are wrong.  I have had, and continue to use with FC1, and FC2
> test1, software raid 1 based /boot and / filesystems.

Where's the HOWTO that explains to us nubes? The ones I've seen all seem
to be broken for motherboard ataraid.
--
"Surely God would not have created such a being as man to exist only
a day! No, no, man was made for immortality."

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/