I broke synaptic

Wolfgang Gill wolfgang at rpi.net.au
Thu Mar 25 01:52:04 UTC 2004

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 03:40:46 +0200, Chadley Wilson wrote
> On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 03:41, Wolfgang Gill wrote:
>
> > >From my understanding, it only does that when there are new files added
to the
> > database or changes colour when you select an item/file to
update/install/delete.

> > Wolf
> >
> > --
> > Open WebMail Project (http://openwebmail.org)
> Oh! I just seemed strange that it listed all the new packages with a
> small blue N and now its not listing anything as new. also nothing is
> listed in any other way at all! Is this the way it works?
>
> --
> Chadley - Linux Rocks
> Welcome to my world.

Well, when I sync to apt/repo to get new package details, it will do that for
new files. But if you resync again, (a minute or so latera) they will
dissappear because your system already knows about them, and they are no
longer new. It does this for me too.
Nothing to really worry about :-)

Wolf