Package installation in Fedora

Apostolos George Fertis afertis at MIT.EDU
Thu Mar 25 23:19:21 UTC 2004

Hello,

Thank you very much for the information on up2date. I managed to run this
command. The only problem was with the perl package, which could not be
downloaded.

I have another problem. I try to install some packages from the development
tools section, but I get the message: "Package not found The following package
could not be found on your system. Installation cannot continue until it is
installed. The unlocated package is libxml2 and it is required by
('libxml-puthon','2.6.6','3'). Do you know how to fix this?

Apostolos

Quoting Alexander Dalloz <alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de>:

> Am Do, den 25.03.2004 schrieb Apostolos Fertis um 22:35:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I would like to ask you how to fix the bug that does not allow me to
> > install or update packages in Fedora. I was told that I can either install
>
> > the bug fixes from the Fedora errata site, but I cannot find them. I was
> > also told that I can change a redhat-config-packages file, which I cannot
> > find also. Can you provide me with more accurate information please?
>
> About which bug are you speaking that prevents you from installation or
> updating packages?
>
> > Thank you very much in advance!
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Apostolos Fertis
>
> You may read
>  http://fedoranews.org/contributors/alexander_dalloz/mirror/
>
> on how to set up up2date or yum. After setting one of those up you can
> easily update packages (bug fixing packages) or just install additional
> packages online. On how to use these tools please see their manpages.
>
> Alexander
>

> --
> Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany | GPG key 1024D/ED695653 1999-07-13
> Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
> Sirendipity 22:46:23 up 6 days, 7:28, load average: 0.39, 0.31, 0.22
>                    [ Γνωθι σ'αÏ
τον - gnothi seauton ]