downloading updates

paul rhnoblelinux at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 27 00:12:23 UTC 2004

I am having problems with updates for several rpms on my fedora system.
Samba is the one I am trying to get most but am having the same problem
with others too. I get to the point where the Package List shows up and
I select the updates that I want i.e. smaba 3.0.2-7.FC1 and then click
on "Forward" on the package list screen and then the Progress Dialog
shows up but then stops there. Nothing happens after that. I have left
the system alone overnight several times to see if eventually something
would happen but, nothing does. I wake up in the morning hoping to see
that it is finished and I can install it but, nothing. My connection is
good because I can browse the net to any web site or check my Ximian
Evolution email. What is going on? As I mentioned this happens with
several packages. Most others are fine. Please help. Thanks, Paul