Installation freezes on CD-TEST at the begining

Solly Shah sollyshah at opensource-portals.co.za
Sat Mar 27 09:02:50 UTC 2004

Hi

Don't know if this might help, i had similar problems installing RH and
Fedora Core 1.0 on my Compaq N1050V (which is now HP) and could not get
past the "CD Test" phase.

I tried every solution that i could find but to no avail.
Eventually I inserted and external keyboard into the usb laptop part,
and then I could get past the CD Test phase, after that you do not
require the external keyboard, just pull it out and carry on with the
rest of the installation. It seems that the laptop keyboard does not get
recognised at load / install time.

Good luck, let me know what happened.

Thanks
Solly