Fedora core 1 sendmail problems

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Tue Mar 30 14:58:46 UTC 2004

At 13:26 3/29/2004, you wrote:
>I'm running a server - not a client. On the server I need to be able to
>both send and receive mail using SMTP on port 25 to/from other servers.
>I'm not catering for POP mail on port 110.

Homer,

I've lost track of what's going on here. What is your current status and
problem? Are you sure it's not a network issue (firewall, router, ISP
blocking the port, etc.)? Try also taking a look at the "Sendmail SMTP AUTH
HOWTO" on my website [1]. While the concept is not exactly what you want,
the steps shown for enabling receive from the network should work for you.

[1] http://www.simpaticus.com/linux

Only note that the sendmail.mc included there shows this line:
    * define(`confAUTH_OPTIONS', `A')dnl
In reality, the Fedora installation of Sendmail has `A p' instead. Remember
to remove the "p" or else it won't work; this is an error which I have
regrettably not fixed yet in the document.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com