IBM R40e end of story : hda: max request size: 128KiB

Ionut.Rusu.Boca at jpmorgan.com Ionut.Rusu.Boca at jpmorgan.com
Sat May 22 11:07:15 UTC 2004

hi guys,

i have an IBM thinkpad r40e and i've just put Fedora Core 2 on all CDs.

now i try to install it but it just does not go past this message "hda: max
request size: 128KiB"

currently my thinkpad runs suse 9.0 and i've tried other live CDs with
either 2.4 ( slax, gentoo, suse ) or 2.6 ( suse 9.1 ) kernels and all of
them behaved ok ( acpi=off on suse both versions )

will you, please, help me workaround this issue ?

has any of you past this stage on an IBM r40e ?

really appreciated,
-ionut-

do not necessarily reflect those of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., its
subsidiaries and affiliates.