PlanetCCRMA

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Nov 24 20:19:35 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 24 November 2004 06:46, R.M.Deal wrote:
>Does anyone have any idea when PlanetCCRMA, the source for audio
>software from
>Stanford University, will run smoothly in FC3?  With RH9, it was an
>excellent way to
>keep up with developments tracked/developed at Stanford Univ., using
>apt-get.
>
>If this is a FAQ, please point me to the appropriate archive.  I
> just installed FC3.
>
>   Ralph M. Deal, retired prof. of Phys. Chem.

Since PlanetCCRMA actually runs a heavily modified kernel to help do
its magic, you may be better off to set it up as a dual boot.

On lkml, Ingo Molnar is working on a real time preemptable kernel
thats beginning to stabilize, I'm running this mornings patch right
now and the machine feels great.

BUT a huge caveat here, I've NDI if its at all compatible with the
rest of the PlanetCCRMA software.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)