cordless ps2 mouse (Trust 250SP)

Ross Macintyre raz at macs.hw.ac.uk
Wed Sep 1 14:42:17 UTC 2004

Ross Macintyre said:

> Chadley Wilson said:
>> On Wednesday 01 September 2004 15:41, Ross Macintyre wrote:
>>> How do I get a cordless PS2 mouse to work under Fedora core2?
>>> I must be missing something blindingly obvious cos I would have thought
>>> that I could have just plugged it in (replacing another 2 button PS2
>>> mouse), and run mouseconfig, selected "Generic 3 button Mouse PS2".
>>>
>>> The mouse in question is a Trust AMI Mouse 250SP Wireless Optical.
>>> Do I need a particular driver?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>>

>> Thats strange!
>> I just plugged my logi-tech wireless keyboard and mouse in, didn't even
>> change
>> the drivers.
>
> that's what I would expect.
> I'm wondering if I'm supposed to do something on the mouse itself!

OK got it fixed. It helps now that I got given the instructions that came
with the mouse!!
I had to press a button on the receiver after powering on, and the press a
button on the bottom of the mouse after that (to synchronise).
Actually as well as that I had to remove the batteries and flick a button
in there too!!!

Anyway, works fine now.
Thanks to Chadley Wilson for replying so quickly.

Ross