Filtering/storing outgoing mail...

HaJo Schatz hajo at hajo.net
Thu Sep 2 16:28:54 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-03 at 00:27, Andrea Giuliano wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I would like to filter, or at least just store, any outgoing mail
> message, not at a client level, but eventually at a lower level.
>
> For instance, it would be enough to instruct postfix some way so that it
> stores outgoing messages permanently somewhere before sendind them. They
> usually stay for a while in /var/spool/mqueue, but when they are
> actually send are removed from there.
>
> I don't want to rely on the client, because I could change it sometime
> (and I actually did it many times). I rather prefer a "system" solution.
> Clearly, a per-user solution would be better in order to prevent users
> to look at each other's mail, just like it happens with
> /var/spool/mail/<user>.
Consider installing an IMAP server, holding all your mail. Create a
directory "Sent" there and instruct your client to store a copy of sent
mail in that folder. Any (IMAP compliant) client you might use in the
future will then be able to see that folder.

--
HaJo Schatz <hajo at hajo.net>
http://www.HaJo.Net

PGP-Key:  http://www.hajo.net/hajonet/keys/pgpkey_hajo.txt