Help installing fedora 2 on laptop please (no video after install)

bryan2 at dimensional.com bryan2 at dimensional.com
Thu Sep 2 18:22:31 UTC 2004

Hello,
I am trying to install fedora 2 on a Dell Inspiron 5000 laptop. I got the
graphic install to work using the install parameter “expert vga=2”. The install
seemed to proceed with out and issues except I got a screen wanting me to
identify my monitor. I tried several choices (dell laptop different
resolutions) and leaving it undeclared. Every time I did the install, after the
system reboots I get a blank screen after I get the message “please press I for
interactive boot”. Sometimes I will get the steps it is going through to boot
and seems to hang after the [OK] on the Swap disk line.
Does anyone one know what I need to do differently in the install or at boot up
to get this system to work? I was running Fedora 1 before I tried a clean
install of fedora 2.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Bryan

P.S. I get the same result if I do a text install.