vsftpd chrooted setup

Nina Pham nina at gibbons.com
Fri Sep 3 21:01:47 UTC 2004

attachment is vsftpd.conf. The chroot lines are commented out. With this
file, vsftpd runs fine, but if uncommented line
chroot_local_user=NO
chroot_list_enable=YES
chroot_list_file=/etc/vsftpd.chroot_list (This is set by default if
chroot_list_enable=YES

then after starting vsftpd, /sbin/service vsftpd status will give error
message *"vsftpd dead but subsys locked".
*Any idea?