IBMJava2 VM doesn't work in Fedora Core2 kernel 2.6.8-1.526smp

Cassius V. de Magalhaes cviniciusm at terra.com.br
Sat Sep 4 19:55:15 UTC 2004

Em Sáb, 2004-09-04 às 15:16, Cassius V. de Magalhaes escreveu:
> Em Sáb, 2004-09-04 às 15:13, Alexander Dalloz escreveu:
> > Am Sa, den 04.09.2004 schrieb Cassius V. de Magalhaes um 20:08:
> >
> > > [cassius at pc bin]$ java -version
> > > java version "1.4.2_05"
> > > Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_05-b04)
> > > Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_05-b04, mixed mode)"
> > >
> > > []'s, Cassius.
> >
> > That is the SUN J2RE.
> >
> > I guess the OP has specific reasons to stick with the IBM Java version.
> >
> > Alexander
> >

> "[cassius at pc bin]$ pwd
> /opt/IBMJava2-142/bin
> [cassius at pc bin]$ ls
> appletviewer   jar        javadoc       javaw    native2ascii
> rmiregistry
> extcheck       jarsigner  javah         jdb      policytool    serialver
> HtmlConverter  java       javap         jformat  rmic          tnameserv
> idlj           javac      java-rmi.cgi  keytool  rmid          utetcf
> [cassius at pc bin]$ pwd
> /opt/IBMJava2-142/bin
> [cassius at pc bin]$ ./java -version
> java version "1.4.2"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2)
> Classic VM (build 1.4.2, J2RE 1.4.2 IBM build cxia321420-20040626 (JIT
> enabled: jitc))"

I have searched at IBM's site and I did get this:
"The initial Java™ heap size should not be set equal to the maximum Java
heap size
in dgTraceUnlock Explanation: Internal error. System Action: None. User
Response: Contact your IBM service representative. JVMDG080 Cannot find
class %s Explanation: The JVM was attempting to initialize the (named)
Trace class, but it cannot find   More pages like this

I have tried several values for the  -Xms and -Xmx's java parameters and
I wasn't successfuly.