Want to Remove Empty Applications Folder from Gnome Menu

Scott Talbot talbotscott at cox.net
Tue Sep 7 07:31:07 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 18:49 -0400, Clint Harshaw wrote:
> Clint Harshaw wrote:
> > I've upgraded my glabels application (label making software that works
> > really well, btw) on my FC2 machine. There seem to be some empty menu
> > items in my Gnome menu as a result, and I'd like to remove them. Here is
> > where they are located:
> >
> > Redhat -> Applications -> (small grey box appears)
> > Redhat -> System Settings -> Applications -> (small grey box appears)
> > Redhat -> Preferences -> Applications -> (small grey box appears)
> >

> It seems to have fixed itself -- perhaps the reboot with the old glabels
> removed and the new one installed is what did the trick??
>
> Clint

	I've seen similar things, like items not showing up in menus until
after a reboot (I suppose, that if i'd known, restart of X, or maybe
Metacity might've done it)

	The menu system is one thing that really bothers me in Gnome and KDE
(of course it's even worse in the others, but I'm barely familiar with
them). Seems to me that having XML files all over the place is going to
get real cumbersome (like it ain't already!).  Glad your problem is
solved though.

Scott
--
When in doubt -- Vote 'Em out!