installing msttcorefonts

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Tue Sep 7 21:57:05 UTC 2004

On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 02:39:06AM -0400, Joshua Lee wrote:
> I got the latest msttcorefonts-1.3-4.spec from corefonts.sf.net, and
> used rpmbuild --bb to install it, as per the instructions. This worked
> in RH9 but in Fedora Core 2 it doesn't seem to properly install them.
> The destination directory is non-existent. I've tried doing the steps
> by hand but nothing seems to work. How can I add these true-type-fonts
> to FC2?

I've made an improved package for BU Linux, which is Fedora Core 2 based. I
submitted the changes back to the corefonts.sf.net guy, but he wasn't
interested. (Hmmm, actually looking at it I can think of a few more changes
I want to make. But it's basically good.) My package includes the spec file
and a helper script for rebuilding everything automatically.

So, get and install
<ftp://linst.bu.edu/bossanova/RPMS/msttcorefonts-builder-1.3-3bu40.5.noarch.rpm>

This will install the spec file as

  /usr/share/msttcorefonts-builder/msttcorefonts-1.3-3.spec

and the script "/usr/bin/get-msttcorefonts". You should be able to run
get-msttcorefonts as a regular user -- no need to be root! -- and then
you'll end up with msttcorefonts-1.3-3mdm3.noarch.rpm in that directory,
which you can install.