hmmm.. another thing that is worrying me now..

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 8 03:41:37 UTC 2004

On Sat, Sep 04, 2004 at 12:28:54AM +0800, HaJo Schatz wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-09-04 at 00:09, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> > Am Fr, den 03.09.2004 schrieb Deepak Oberoi um 16:08:
> >
> > > crystal ball?
> >
> > That is the magic ball of glass, fortune tellers commonly use to tell
> > you things.
> ROTFL! You _DO_ know everything, don't you? ;-)

Well almost everything ;-)

A crystal ball is and was just that, a crystal ball.
They preceded glass as we know it by a very long time.

Commonly the crystal was quartz.

A sphere would be ground and polished by hand in a trough of wood or
stone.  Crystals large enough and clear enough are not common so a
crystal ball would be a rare and precious thing.  yea magical....

Today glass balls are commonly sold as crystal balls but they are
opaque to the future and only frauds use them to fortel....

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Just say no to 74LS73 in 2004