X.Org font problem

Robert Locke rlocke at ralii.com
Wed Sep 8 15:49:47 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 11:03, Mark Haney wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 10:49, Patrick Boutilier wrote:
> > Mark Haney wrote:
> > >
> > > Could not init font path element unix/:7100, removing from list!
> > >
> > > Fatal server error:
> > > could not open default font 'fixed'
> > >

> > > I was also getting a 'i830_drm_ring' SPACE error and X doesn't start.
> > > Does anyone have any idea what happened and what I need to do to fix it?
> >

> > Is the xfs server running?
> >
> > service xfs status
> >

> Yes it is running.

Mark,

Occasionally I have seen xfs be "locked", and have resolved it with a
service xfs restart.

Another problem has sometimes been an annoying xclient of some variety
that did not properly go away.

Lastly, DNS resolution problems sometimes get in my way as do firewalls
that are not allowing me to talk to myself....

Just a couple of other things to check....

--Rob