How to disable a USB camera

Daniel Ulfe danielulfe at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 17:48:13 UTC 2004

Hello everybody. I have a dual boot windows XP/Fedora Core 2 installed
in a Pentium 4 HT machine and all works properly in FC2 except
Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 attached to USB2.0 port and soud card. When
I boot FC2 with CAM not attached, soud works properly, but when I boot
whit CAM attached soud doen't work. In this situation I start
system-config-soundcard and after press test buttom I have followin
message:

amixer: Unable to find simple control 'Master',0

amixer: Unable to find simple control 'PCM',0

sox: Can't open output file '/dev/dsp': No such device

I not want to use CAM in FC2. How to disable USB CAM without detach
USB port in order to sondcard works properly?

Any Idea?

Regards

Daniel