Oracle client install?

Michael.Johnston Michael.Johnston at seccteam.com
Wed Sep 8 18:47:54 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have been through Google and the archives.

I have been trying for two weeks to install an Oracle client
on Fedora core 2. I am especially interested in OCI and using
it with PHP.

I don't have a working installation on a Linux machine to copy
files from.

I tried the instant client RPMs - this does not install OCI or
configure the system.

Is there information and files available to easily install an Oracle client
on a Fedora Core 2 machine? Easy is the operative word.

It seems strange to me that Oracle would not make it easy to install
the client software on every computer in the universe. That is just good
marketing. Not many companies are going to want to pay RedHat
for a supported version of Linux to run on all 50,000 desktops in a
corporation. (Sorry for the editorial).

TIA

Mike Johnston