boot errors - how see them?

Hardy Merrill hmerrill123 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 9 11:02:16 UTC 2004

When I boot into run level 3 I can see all the boot
steps being OK'd, but one towards the end gets
"Failed" but it disappears before I can see just what
failed.  How do I see _what_ failed?

When it finally boots and I log in, I did "dmesg |
less", but I'm not sure what I'm looking for.  I
searched for "error" and found these:

  <snip>

vesafb: probe of vesafb0 failed with error -6
apm: BIOS not found.

  <snip>

Initializing Cryptographic API
ksign: Installing public key data
- Added public key 9488DB81FF525AA3
- User ID: Red Hat, Inc. (Kernel Module GPG key)
ksign: invalid packet (ctb=00)
Unable to load default keyring: error=74
pci_hotplug: PCI Hot Plug PCI Core version: 0.5

and that's it.  Is there another place to view the
"Failed" boot errors?  And, how do I correct these two
"error"s above?

TIA.

Hardy Merrill