damaged files after a crash.

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Fri Sep 10 17:22:46 UTC 2004

Hi,

Yesterday my mainbord broke down.
Today I bought the same type of MB again and replaced the old one (so
basically configuration should stay the same as well).

Basically everything is working fine at boot, except for konsole in KDE. It
starts, but stays blank (I can't input anything and don't see any errors
either).
This happens for all users of the system.
Apparently some files have been damaged (I had konsoile open at the time of
the crash) and I wonder how I'm supposed to find out what has been damaged ?

Anyone have some ideas how I should proceed in fixing this kind of failure ?

Regards,
Marcel