Trying to install nVidia card - Beginner

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sun Sep 12 14:15:24 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 01:24, Bradley (FC2 List) wrote:

> I used 'yum install binutils' and it seemed to install but if I run a
> command suggested to me earlier 'rpm -q binutils' I am told that it is not
> installed and I still don't have objcopy which is what my nVidia
> installation is looking for.
>
> Any and all suggestions appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Bradley

I have found the following command to be most useful:

rpm -qa | grep binutils

If you have it installed you should get something like:

$ rpm -qa |grep binutils
binutils-2.15.90.0.3-5

If you are not getting that then maybe everyone needs to step back and
figure out what is the real problem.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

All the really good ideas I ever had came to me while I was milking a cow.
		-- Grant Wood