Mount fat32 partition

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Sep 13 19:25:32 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 13.09.2004 schrieb Nicolas Fortin um 21:01:

> Thank you for you quick answer, I really appreciate it. It seems that -t
> option is mandatory. I typed "mount  /dev/hda8 /mnt/win" and I got this
> message : "mount : you must specify the filesystem type". Also concerning
> syslog, since I am a newbie, I am not sure to know which file you are
> talking about. In fact, I have four syslog files :
>
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/syslog
> /etc/sysconfig/syslog
> /etc/logrotate.d/syslog
> /var/lock/subsys/syslog
>
> However, no one of these files seems to contain information about mounting.
> Do you have any other idea ?

syslog is the system logging service. It is configured by
/etc/syslog.conf and the default target directory for log files is
/var/log/. The central log file, because most informative information is
logged there, is /var/log/messages. Best practise is to run in a
terminal "tail -f /var/log/messages" and then do your actions in another
terminal. You then are able to see what information is logged in the
messages files.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 21:22:10 up 14 days, 18:38, load average: 2.19, 1.88, 1.86