IBM T23 built-in wireless crashes under heavy load.

Julian Underwood mailings at underwoods.net
Mon Sep 13 22:57:26 UTC 2004

Well, the wireless card is setup with 64-bit encryption, obtaining IP
info via DHCP.  I don't think that's what you mean though--as far as the
drivers I haven't done anything, the card is automatically detected in
FC2 as you know and basically that's how I left it!  It's connecting to
an original Airport Base Station.  When you do get your new WAP, try and
send or receive a 500MB file via a NFS share and see if you crash, I'd
be interested to know!  (this does seem to happen with FTP, SMB, etc,
but it seems to happen most quickly with NFS.)

Aside from from that I am very, very happy with FC2 on this
laptop--except for the fact that the FC team could consider using the
wlan-ng drivers instead of the stock ones which they provided.  Because
I can't get airsnort or kismet to work out of the box. Let me know what
your experience is like.

Julian