LAN

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Tue Sep 14 13:40:49 UTC 2004

On Monday 13 Sep 2004 21:29, spchen at juno.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently installed Fedora Core 2 on my PC. Howerver, the
> Local Area Network (LAN) fails. My network card is 3C900,
> 3COM PCI combo network card (10 base-T/COAX). I set up
> my private LAN (192.168.xxx.xxx) by editing the following files:
>
>  /etc/hosts
>  /etc/resolv.conf
>  /etc/sysconfig/network
>  /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
>
> I do not use DNS. These four network file setting are working
> on my RH 8 and 9. I appreciate if someone can point me to a
> correct direction. Thanks.
>
> Shi-Ping Chen
okay. What do you mean exactly when you say the LAN fails?
does eth0 come up at all?
try ifconfig -a and tell us the output
if it does not then
what lines are in /etc/modprobe.conf for eth0?
does your network card appear in the output from
/sbin/lspci?

what is in the files you listed above?

Stuart
--