FAQ?, dynamic-link.h problem

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Sep 14 17:32:21 UTC 2004

[ sorry - mailman and GPG signature in action ]

Am Di, den 14.09.2004 schrieb Jaime Davila um 16:56:

Hi,

please do not reply to list mails while you want to start a new topic.
You replied to a list mail with the subject line "Re: Linux text
editors" and now your mailing appears to be part of that thread. This is
called "thread hijacking". It confuses discussions and makes it harder
to see your mail.

> Is there a FAQ for this list? I am trying to solve a problem on my FC1
> installation that others have probably seen. I googled the error
> message, and searched on the fedora archives, but haven't found an
> answer. (google did show others having the problem, but no answers to
it).

There is the unofficial FAQ at www.fedorafaq.org, but none list
specific.

> The error message is 'jazz: dynamic-link.h:57: elf_get_dynamic_info:
> Assertion `! "bad dynamic tag"' failed.
> Aborted' when using the jazz MIDI editing program. I am trying to use
> precompiled version of jazz, since the source code is around 3 years
old
> and depends on a previous version of the alsa software (the current
alsa
> version does not allow jazz to compile).

"precompiled" means a binary version? then this version is incompatible
to FC1. It is build with a "dynamic-link.h" header file which does not
match the libraries on FC1. Maybe you can find an alternate on

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/

which has Fedora RPMs.

> Jaime

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 19:31:48 up 15 days, 16:48, load average: 0.69, 0.63, 0.63