Fedora 2, Spam & Mail Transport

Trevor Smith trevor at haligonian.com
Tue Sep 14 17:52:28 UTC 2004

On September 14, 2004 5:40 am, Tor Harald Thorland wrote:
> Good Mornig! (From Norway)
>
> Is there any good solutions to get rid of spam in Fedora?
> I have 8 different mail accounts on a server, and each day i got tons of

bogofilter

Written in C so it's lightning fast and it works very well. You can find it at
bogofilter.sourceforge.net

a few tutorials for integrating it with KMail *WITHOUT* using procmail or
anything like that, can be found at:

http://kmail.kde.org/tools.html

If you use a less capable email client (that can not run a command within a
filter that will alter the message text and add a "spam" header line), YMMV.

Trevor Smith // trevor at haligonian.com