Configure Mozilla 1.6 for Web Browsing

Rokicki, Andrew ARokicki at US.TIAuto.com
Thu Sep 16 12:34:38 UTC 2004

> > This could help you (and us): start a terminal and, as root, issue this
> > command:
> >
> > # tail -f /var/log/messages
> >
> > Then start, or restart PPP in the way you are used to, and in the
> > meanwhile take a look to the output of the above command. You should see
>
> > some lines with the string "ppp" somewhere. If you see, among these
> > lines, something like "...IP address: X.Y.Z.W...", you should be
> > actually connected to your ISP. Look also for a line like the previous
> > one, but which explicitly refers to "DNS", or "Domain name service" or
> > something like this.
> >
> > Clearly, you could also examine /var/log/messages offline, instead of in
>
> > real-time, if you prefer. Looking at it during a PPP session is more
> > impressive, imho.
> >
> > Good luck!
> >
> > DAYE EMINE wrote:
> >
> >> Please can somebody Help-me:
> >> I have been able to download and Install Fedora Core2
> >> Used KPPP to Configured my Intel-536ep-PCI-Modem. My ISP provider is
> MSN.
> >>
> >> My Modem can dialup and connect to MSN fine, because a pop-up
> >> window is now reporting the Baud-Rate, the time is also being updated.
> >> That's all I get,
> >> but if I click Mozilla for Web-browsing, Mozilla comes up and just sit
> >> there doing nothing for a long time.
> >> Finally it will say the web address cannot be found or not correct
> >> but this is not true because i use:
> >>
> >>   http://www.google.com
> >>   http://www.mozilla.org
> >>   http://www.msn.com
> >>
> >> none of them works.
> >> Being a Linux novice, I wonder if there is any kind of configuration
> >> file that needs to be fine-tuned.
> >>
> >> Daye

	Try to do
	ping www.google.com

	also ping google ip
	ping  66.102.7.147

	If you can ping by IP and no by name
	than  make sure that you have /etc/resolv.conf and it similar to
this:

	search msn.com
	nameserver 207.46.138.11
	nameserver 207.46.138.12
	nameserver 207.46.138.21

	not sure about IP addresses got them from somebody else response
	(
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=resolv.conf+msn.com&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&sel
m=394BD2B0.5FB90990%40cfl.rr.com&rnum=8 )

	Andy R.
	Somewhere at:  41 -72

The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and confidential information.
It is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email
and destroy all copies of the original message. This communication is from TI Automotive.