Simple file sharing between FC2 and Mac OS X?

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Fri Sep 17 00:16:36 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 04:21, Satish Balay wrote:

> Not sure about the gui part - but you can mount remote filesystem via
> shfs/ssh ( a command line thing) - and then do the graphical browsing
> locally.
>
> On FC2:
>
> 1. install kernel-module-shfs (available at http://atrpms.net/dist/fc2/shfs/)
>
> 2. load the module
> modprobe shfs
>
> 3. mount the remote filesystem via ssh
> mkdir remote-fs
> shfsmount user at mac:/home/path remote-fs
>
> 4. unmount  remote-fs after done using it.
> shfsumount remote-fs

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner Satish -- I've been swamped
with work today. Thanks for the info -- I will look into shfs at some
point, it definitely looks interesting, but I think I'll take one of the
more straightforward routes tomorrow (oh, today actually).

Thanks again.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren at dzr-web.com          www.dzr-web.com