NVIDIA 6111 driver and console mode

Wolfgang Gill wolfgang at rpi.net.au
Fri Sep 17 05:00:34 UTC 2004

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 06:46:57 +0200, Eric Tanguy wrote
> I successfully installed NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6111 driver and it
> works fine on my tv (no monitor) in boot mode, console mode (booting
> in mode 3) and after when i run startx. But during x session if i
> switch to console mode (ALT CTRL FX) i have a very flickered screen
> and it is unreadable. This is the same when stop the X session and
> can't find a solution. Thanks Eric

If you a using a Frame Buffer... Disable it. As it will NOT work at the same
time as the Nvidia driver. (From what I've read, it never has). If you are not
using a framebuffer (FB) then I'd suggest checking out the Nvidia Forum, as
there should be some answer to your problem there.

I don't use a FB, and I'm able to CTRL-ALT-Fx without any problems, on all
four of my linux systems. RH9 & RHEL3.

Wolf