Fedora Core 2 questions / concerns

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Fri Sep 17 10:02:03 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>> > If there is a problem in FC2 and you
>> > have not reported it for the  FC3 folks to work on ... please do so.
>>
>> How?
>
> If you are a tester then it is good to subscribe to the
> fedora-test-list, at least to regularly read the list through the
> archive or gmane. If you experience something strange with the test
> release you can communicate about it on the list. Maybe someone else did
> face the same already and did a bugzilla entry, then wait for the fix,
> or if it is new, then submit the bug on
>
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/

The original statement had nothing to do with test versions;
it referred to problems in FC2.
I have a problem in FC2 - X does not work at more than 8bpp
on my Sony Picturebook (C1VFK) with ATI Rage Mobility P/M graphics system,
although it worked perfectly in FC1.

I've tried reporting this to various people mentioned in the code,
and have filed an Xorg bugzilla,
but I've seen no evidence that anyone is looking at it.

This bug has been reported by Picturebook users many times.

Is there in fact a place to "report bugs for the FC3 folks to work on"?
If so, could you please give the URL?

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366