Gnome-Term scroll problem

Jeff Ratliff jefrat at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 17 20:19:15 UTC 2004

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 09:44:06PM -0400, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> 	If I use the arrows in the scrollbar to scroll multiple lines
> 	quickly in gnome-term, the lines at the bottom (those scrolling in) oftem
> only display the bottom halves of the lines.  Its like the program only
> re-draws half of each line scrolling in from the bottom because it has
> to try and draw the next line too.  If I change virtual desktops, and
> then return, the screen looks fine.  If I scoll a whole page up and then
> down (or, if I have the room in my scrollback buffer, vice versa), the
> screen again repaints fine.  While this is not a show-stopper, this is
> getting to be annoying to me!
>
> 	My config:
>
> 	FC2 (fully updated)
> 	nvidia driver 6106
> 	xorg configured to use the nvidia driver
> 	GeForce2 MX400 (Mad Dog Champion) AGP 4x video card
> 	ABIT NF7 motherboard

  I'm on a similar system (ABIT NF7-S, Geforce 5600 FX Ultra). I used
to have this problem, but it went away. No clue when. The only thing
in any way non-standard on this system is I have fedora.us and Livna
repositories in my yum.conf. I also use the proprietary Nvidia driver,
but I'm using the new one (6111).

  Not much help, but that's my experience.