SATA and SCSI together

Geoffrey Leach geoff at direcway.com
Fri Sep 17 22:24:43 UTC 2004

I'm currently running a 2.6.8 kernel on a pair of SATA drives,
configured without RAID, as dev/sda and /dev/sdb.  No problems.

I've added an Adaptec 29160N SCSI-160 controller and a pair of
compatible disks, configured as LUN 2 and 3.  I've modcomp'd the
aic7xxx driver.  Noerror messages.

What I expected was to find these disks as /dev/sdc and /dev/sdd, but
they are not, alas, there.  There's nothing in /proc/scsi.

Is this an unreasonable config?  Or have I done something wrong?