FC2 + newest openoffice = slower

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 17 22:26:49 UTC 2004

Trevor Smith wrote:
> Most interestingly, despite the MUCH newer hardware I'm running, my throughput
> is only 10MB/sec -- not 20MB/sec like he's getting with 8 yr old equipment.
> Even with the same settings he uses. Even without the settings he uses. NO
> matter what.

Trevor:

I've read this whole thread, but I haven't seen you confirm that you've
got DMA turned on with this drive. Often speeds like that mean DMA is
off.

Can you post the results of hdparm -v /dev/hda just so we can see what
you settings really are?

Thanks,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Banana in disk drive error
@westexe.demon.co.uk  |