Help Required

Shreedhar Patil shreedhar.patil at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 13:42:10 UTC 2004

Hi ,
I am new to Linux World. I have installed Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang)
with linux kernel version 2.6.5-1.358
Installation went fine, but I am getting error whenever log on to system -->

-sh: /usr/local/bin/grep: cannot execute binary file
-sh: /usr/local/bin/grep: cannot execute binary file

this error I am getting with all accounts. ( including root). I get
similar error when I tries to use vi or any other command.
-sh-2.05b$ vi
-sh: /usr/local/bin/vim: cannot execute binary file

I checked the file permission. It's ok. ( read and executeto everyone.)
-sh-2.05b$ ls -l /usr/local/bin/vim
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root bin 409600 Jun 16  1997 /usr/local/bin/vim

But I use the vim from /usr/bin then I don't getany error.

How to get rid of this error? Which configuration file should I change?
Please help me.

Thanks and Regards,
Shree