Mounting second part of the cdrom

Andrey Andreev andreev at cs.helsinki.fi
Mon Sep 20 03:37:25 UTC 2004

Travis Waalkens wrote:

> I found a site that told me to do this:
> [root at localhost travis]# mount /mnt/cdrom -o session=2
>
> but it says as an error.
> mount: /dev/cdrom already mounted or /mnt/cdrom busy
> mount: according to mtab, /dev/hdc is already mounted on /mnt/cdrom

Well the error message says that /dev/cdrom is already mounted, which
means what it says :)

To unmount it, try first as root

	umount /dev/cdrom

When issuing the command, take care that you're none of your shells is
in /mnt/cdrom, and that nautilus or konq or whatever does not have
anything under /mnt/cdrom open, or you will get a device busy error.

After you unmount /dev/cdrom you can try the line you originally tried.

Tip: you can always check what's mounted and where by running

	mount

without parameters.

Greets,

//Andro