cant use iptable extensions

Samuel Díaz García samueldg at arcoscom.com
Mon Sep 20 09:53:27 UTC 2004

The connlimit extension (the owner extension I don't know) is not included
in the kernel sources (as u can see in netfilter.org) because aren't stable
"patches".

I needed to do this:

1) My kernel sources (2.4.x in my case, 2.6.x in your case).
2) Last version of patch-o-matic sources to netfilter.
3) IPTABLES sources.
4) See readme files in patch-o-matic sources for netfilter, it will patch
the netfilter in kernel sources and iptables sources.
5) Apply the patches to kernel and iptables.
6) Configure your kernel with "experimental options" and compile.
7) Compile patched iptables.
8) Make a backup of your iptables binary before install the new patched
iptables.
9) Test your new kernel and your new iptables before use it into a
production environment.

P.D.: Sorry for my poor english.